Performance Funding Measures
Each higher educational institution receives a portion of its available funding by meeting, or improving, each of the Missouri Department of Higher Education (MDHE) measures. SB 492 (2014) requires the addition of a sixth performance item “to measure student job placement in a field or position associated with the student’s degree level and pursuit of a graduate degree.” To allow development and assessment of the measure’s methodology, no funding will be allocated based on the sixth performance measure until FY 2019. Where possible, measures for 2-year institutions follow methodology employed by the National Community College Benchmark (NCCBP) survey. In the case of graduation/transfer rates, NCCBP reported rates will differ from IPEDS reporting as NCCBP includes only transfers to 4-year institutions.
Student Success and Progress
Measure 1: 3-Year Comp/Transfer Rate for Full-Time, First-Time Students*
|Fall 2011 Cohort||Fall 2012 Cohort||Fall 2013 Cohort||Fall 2014 Cohort||Fall 2015 Cohort|
* Percent of full-time, first-time degree/certificate seeking students in the fall semester that completed a certificate or degree, or transferred to 4-year institution within 150% time to normal program completion. Cohort year indicates the year of the incoming fall semester. Source: National Community College Benchmark Project survey, Form 2.
Measure 2: Percent of Attempted Credit Courses Successfully Completed*
|Fall 2013||Fall 2014||Fall 2015||Fall 2016||Fall 2017|
* Percent of attempted credit grades (completed courses) that were completed successfully (grade C or better) in the fall semester. Source: National Community College Benchmark Project survey, Form 12.
Quality of Student Learning
Measure 1: Licensure/Certification Exam*
|FY 2015||FY 2016||FY 2017||FY 2018||FY 2019|
* Percent of students taking a licensure exam that passed the exam. FY is fiscal year, July 1 – June 30. Source: Missouri Dept. of Higher Education, Performance Funding Measures, Missouri State University-West Plains.
Efficiency and Affordability
Measure 1: Non-Core Expenditures as a Percent of Total Expenditures*
|FY 2013||FY 2014||FY 2015||FY 2016||FY 2017|
* Percent of total fiscal year (FY) expenditures for non-core services. Fiscal year is July 1 – June 30. Non-core expenditures include Research, Public Service, and Institutional Support. Source: IPEDS Finance Survey, National Center for Education Statistics.
Measure 2: Tuition and Fees as a percent of Median family Income (by Service Region)*
|AY 2013||AY 2014||AY 2015||AY 2016||AY 2017|
* Tuition and fees based on full academic year cost. Source: National Community College Benchmark Project survey, Form 1. Median Household Income – U.S. Census Bureau, most recent annual estimate.
Measure 1: Student success after graduation*
|FY 2015||FY 2016||FY 2017|
* Percent of known graduates in an fiscal year (FY) that were found to be gainfully employed or continuing education one year after graduating. Source: Missouri Dept. Higher Education, based on EMSAS and Perkins reporting and institution graduate follow-up surveys.